Thursday, February 09, 2006

Flight of the Hopper - unique 'round the world adventure

A great friend of mine sent me the URL to this quite unique website detailing an around-the-world trip in a virtual Pilatus PC-12. You see, the object of this trip around the globe is to sample some of the world's best beer. It's all in good fun, and to be taken lightheartedly. They appear to be spending quite some time in the European theatre - must be some number of quality brews there. I wonder when they will reach the west coast of the U.S.? I hope that they stop in Seattle, WA - the Red Hook Brewery is a great stop! I guess I'll just have to keep posted...

1 comment:

Billy Ruffian said...

The Red Garrison brewery in Halifax, Nova Scotia is a nice place. So is the Alexander Keith's historic brewery (one of Canada's oldest beers). I should know, it's my old hometown.

Red Garrison is a rather thick ale. Keith's is a brilliant Indian Pale Ale that was started up by Keith after he retired from the British Army in India.