Thursday, March 30, 2006

Adam's GDC Presentation now at FSInsider

It took a couple of days, but Adam has managed to get his presentation from this year's GDC posted as an article on the FSInsider website. Some of this tech talk is above my head - I'm not a scenery guy by any means - but it is very interesting how all of this is done to create a highly convincing virtual world.

If you have not had a chance to watch the video, I invite you to have a look at it. Most impressive to me is the very noticeable curvature of the earth toward the end of the video. Realistically, the aircraft that will be able to really attain any altitudes to really be able to notice this are the SR-71 and U-2 spyplanes. Perhaps SpaceShipOne would be a good candidate, though I'm not sure what the flight characteristics will be at such high altitudes, as this hasn't been modeled in MS FS before.

Thanks for your efforts in getting this posted permanently on the site, Adam!

No comments: