Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Tomorrow, I'll be there...will you?

Three days into AirVenture, and already I've missed a lot! On Monday, Cessna announced their entry into the LSA arena with a proof of concept aircraft to test the feasibility of that section of the market. They also surprised the crowd with a flying demonstration of the Next Generation Piston they intend to produce. I'm very impressed with the sleek lines of this new aircraft, as it appears that composite construction will play a key role in its development.

Tuesday, Honda announced their intentions to mass produce the HondaJet. I can't wait to have a look at this plane. I know that they have been testing this aircraft in Greensboro, NC at their Honda Americas R&D facility. Honda has produced a cool video showing it off too.

Who knows what else will be announced at Oshkosh!

No comments: